Monday 31 August 2015

Weekday Rants #10

     The unmistakable feeling of having made a wrong decision in retaining is inflated again. Today's GP paper, the essay section, felt like a breeze. There were so many questions that I could have done and I thoroughly enjoyed the process of writing the essays. I realised after the paper, with a jolt, that this paper felt easy not because I was prepared, but because many of these questions were what science students excelled at. What is done, is done, however, and I guess it's way too late to say I regret. I have regretted too much in the past few weeks already.

     "You might be an INFJ if...you are a hopeless romantic." I scowl at the idea, especially now, but honestly, the world seems to want to prove me wrong. I just listened to this one Vocaloid song that I used to listen to regularly before all this shit started to go down. ...Yeah, I still wish to meet a guy like the one in the song.

Ai no Scenario (Love's Scenario)
normal - lyrics
italicised - male antagonist
underlined - male protagonist
bold - female character



世界欺く揺るぎない正義
Unravel the unwavering truth that deceives this world
ほどいて真実の手の中
Truth it within these hands

大胆不敵な影が華麗に踊る
An audacious shadow dances eloquently
君が隠してる秘密いつか聞かせてよ
Tell me, someday, the secret you're hiding
伸ばした手で触れる事は誰もできない
It can't be touched by any hand offered in help
君が隠してる世界僕に見させてよ
So show me the world you are hiding

"I told you not to talk to him, didn't I?"

揺れる難解な心
I'm unable to find those eyes
解き明かして奪うその瞳
That dispel and steal away troubled, wavering hearts
不安がって泣いてだって見つけらんなよ
Whilst caught up in worries and tears
狙う真実はどこへ消えた
Just where has the truth I was aiming for vanished to?

"We'll always be together; I'll protect you forever."

たとえ世界欺く答えだとしても
Even if it were an answer that deceives the world
信じて差し出す掌
I'll put out my hand and say, "Trust me."
決して逃げない怖くはないから
I'll never run away because I'm not scared
目を開け弱さをかき消すんだ
I'll open my eyes and extinguish my fear

繰り返される運命に君はきついてる?
Are you beginning to realise how repetitive this fate is?
僕だ隠してる秘密いつか聞かせてよ
Someday I'll tell you the secret I'm hiding
歩み寄る偽りの影君は知らない
There's a deceptive shadow heading your way, but you don't notice
芽生えた記憶は絡む必然のとげて
All tied up in budding memories with thorns of inevitability

"I think we're just fate."
"Huh? What are you saying?"

守りたい思いでただ
With just the desire to protect
立ち向かって解くその絆
I'll take my stand and unravel this bond
何度だって助けるって揺るぎはしないよ
I'll save you as many times as it takes, I'll never waver in my resolve
隠す真実はどこへ消えた
Just where has the truth I've been hiding vanished to?

"When she got told 'I love you', she replies 'me too' with a serious face. What a joke!"
"You tricked her! Stay away from her!"
"It's her own fault for getting tricked, isn't it?"

たとえ世界を敵に回したとしても
Even if you'll make an enemy of the entire world
信じて僕だけ未来も
Believe only in me and the future
決してに着ない迷いはないから
I'll never run away because there's no doubt in me
シナリオ壊して抗うんだ
I'll break this scenario and fight back

"You knew the truth all along, didn't you? I'm sorry for saying such horrible thing."
"I promised you that I'd always protect you, didn't I?"
"Eh, what are you saying?"

世界を敵の回したとしても
Even if I make an enemy of the entire world
信じて差し出す掌
I'll put out my hand and say, "Trust me."
決して離さない思いは届いた
An answer I'll never let go of has found its way to me
結んだ運命のと手の中
A connected future within these very hands

繰り返された答えだとしても
Even if the answer has been repeated over again and again
決して逃げない怖くはないから
I'll never run away because I'm not scared
抗うんだ
I'll fight back


     So if the story isn't clear enough yet, basically the dark-haired guy is in love with the girl, who in turn loves him back. However, the girl is married to a blonde nobleman, who abuses her and forbids her from talking to anyone, or leaving her room. One night, the dark-haired guy breaks into her room and offers to take her with him. Knowing the abuse she suffered in the hands of her husband, he promises to protect her forever if only she'd trust him. She immediately takes his hand and the two leave. The final scene of this timeline shows them asleep in a church, holding each other's hand. The blonde nobleman, on the other hand, is in town searching for the two. His necklace glows ominously red and is revealed to be the source of the curse.

     The scene fades away and reappears in a more modern setting. The girl remains holding the hand of a dark-haired guy and the two are assumed to be boyfriend and girlfriend. One of the guys in the Student Council, with blonde hair, confronts the dark-haired guy one day and for seemingly no reason, throws him against the wall. The girl stops him and tells him off for acting so violently. A few days later, she walks by a classroom and stumbles upon her boyfriend ranting to his classmates. She then finds out that while her feelings for him were true, he was simply using her. In tears, she runs off, but is stopped by the blonde hair guy. After apologising, the blonde hair guys says "Didn't I tell you I'll protect you forever?".

     It turns out that the necklace the male antagonist wears is imbued with the power to allow its user to repeat the same scenario over and over again, so that he can attempt to get the girl back. Both of the guys are aware of this, but the girl is not. In the modern timeline, the girl mistakes the dark-haired guy for her previous lover, precisely because of his hair colour. 

     The song ends by flashing back into the past, when the two are lying in the church, holding hands. She opens her eyes, as if the answer had came to her in a dream, thus resetting the entire future (since she is now aware of the repeating timelines).


     The romantic in me is totally in love with the male protagonist. Not surprising, he is portrayed as a the ideal guy after all. It's still incredible though, how he retains his love for her and continues to protect her despite the flow of time, even into his next life. I think the one line I love the most is "Even if the whole world is against me, I'll hold out my hand and say 'Trust me.'" He isn't afraid of angering those around me, the entire world even, just so he can remain by her side and protect her. And at the same time "Even if the whole world is against you", he will do the same. That's...so desirable. Sigh. One day, maybe, one day. One day I'll find someone who will stand by me regardless of what the rest of the world thinks.

     Now, MBTI stuff...

1. You Might Be An INFJ If...
1. You are often on, or can be, "on the fence" about a particular decision/reason/solution, etc
     Yes, I'm particularly indecisive about a lot of things. My ISFJ friend has pointedly criticised that before, but I don't think it's a bad thing...in most circumstances. It's not a lack of decision - my decision is to be neutral and remain open to alternatives. I think even when a decision of mine seems fixed, it can always be changed, depending on how much the person wants it to change. In that way, I also gain insight into how badly/how far a person is willing to go for me.

2. You have a keen sense of when somebody is hiding something.
     Or it can just be paranoia? But usually if it persists for a long time, it's correct.

3. You hate small talk.
     I've discussed this before.

4. You are extremely self-aware of your own actions and try to make them as noble and as natural as possible.
     Basically, even when I do something stupid, it's intentional. I rarely do anything without reason, except when I'm caught off-guard of course. That's maybe why I like people who can catch me off-guard - they take me right back to my natural instincts.

5. You frequently see general human intentions as selfish and self-promoting and in this way question your own motives/intentions.
     .....Are you stalking me or something? How did you know? No matter which decision I make, say for example in this most recent case, I feel like I'm being selfish. To stay by his side would be selfish, since he seems to enjoy her company more. To stay away would be also selfish since I'm trying to protect myself. There isn't a decision that isn't selfish.

6. You feel like a sleeping giant, waiting for that day when you can externalise all the internal thought/theories/knowledge/feelings that have been developing inside of you since forever.
     One day, I'll find someone deserving enough to know ALL and not just some.

7. You love to observe people's reactions to certain situations.
     That's why I like acting weird and saying unexpected things. I love watching people try to recollect themselves. I think it's an INTJ hobby too.

8. You love to make predictions.
     I don't. I can't help it. I'd rather stick around and be completely frigging oblivious to the very real possibility of them dating. Actually, no. I prefer to know and be able to have control over my own situation. Is it worse to know something is wrong the whole time, or to know it at the last minute?

9. The idea of the renaissance man appeals to you.
     Absolutely untrue.

10. You are a hopeless romantic.
     That I am.

11. Your friends come and go.
     Because I have no heart to hold them back. I think people come to me when they have problems - I seem to be a magnet for the melancholic and troubled. So my duty is to heal and send them on their way.

12. Your interests come and go.
     Those trivial interests, yes. But in my vision for the future, absolutely not.

13. You always ask interesting and unique personal questions that catch non-INFJs off-guard.
      That would be an INFJ who is barely about the age of 5. I think at a very young age, INFJs become aware of what kinds of questions tick people off and when to ask such questions.

14. You always read between the lines.
      Yes. I believe you are telling the truth, but just because it's true doesn't mean it's not just one small part of the whole thing. The real truth lies in the entire situation, and not individual's words.

15. Your mind is always analysing/questioning.
     Overthinking results in a painful life, and sadly, I don't have a choice.

16. You get so preoccupied with "the big picture" that it can keep you from getting things done...
     *Cough* Homework *cough*

17. Your English teacher tells you that you use too many analogies in your essays.
     I don't. English isn't the first language I learnt. On top of that, I believe short and succinct to be the best essays.

18. The only person in the world who really understands you would be another INFJ.
     False. Nobody can really understand me unless I allow them to...and they try hard enough to.

19. You live in a world of symbolism and deeper meaning.
     True. Even people who have become part of the past dissolve into meaning and is remoulded into a philosophy or symbol. Unless they stick around, or persist in sticking around, that will be the result.

20. You are surprised when someone comments that you are a nice person because you don't think so.
     But I really am not a good person. Just take the most recent example - shouldn't I be happy for him if they are dating and continue to remain as a friend? But nope, I'm a selfish piece of shit and decided to head for the furthest hill in the mountain range. "I hope I don't get my face blown up over here!"

21. You confront people about what they did wrong to you, and then feel guilty about it.
     That's why I choose to not confront and just let it be. If this is how it's meant to be, then what can I do? I shouldn't make someone feel guilty for something that was just...fate? Fate must hate me.

22. Everything you do is wrong, and you feel bad always, even if it was for the right reasons.
     But...it wasn't for the right reasons? As long as I made someone upset, then the reason isn't the right one.

23. You have barriers but will let them down in an instant to the right person.
     Clearly a dysfunctional INFJ right here. I did not choose the right person.

2. MBTI Squad 1
Has a lot to say but stays quiet: ISTP, INFJ, INFP, INTJ
     I believe in the truth, but there's a time and place for everything.

Has a lot say and says it: ENTP, INTP, ENFP, ESFJ, ENFJ
     Watch your bloody mouth. This is not the time for this.

Has nothing to say and stays quiet: ISFJ, ISFP
      *poke poke* Are you there?

Has nothing to say but still talks: ISTJ, ESTJ, ENTJ, ESFP, ESTP
     Can't tell what is worse, the person who says bullshit or the person that offends.

3. What MBTI Needs on a Bad Day
ENFP: To brainstorm fun possibilities and/or plan an adventure.

ENTJ: To form a concrete, detailed plan for improving the situation that has gotten them down.

ESFP: Lots of human interaction and praise.

ISTP: To be presented with a few fun options to take if they want them, then to be left alone.

ISTJ: Alternate solutions to the problem they're facing and the knowledge that they can rely on you if they need help.

ESFJ: To be told they're appreciate by the people they're closest to. And/or to be pampered a little!

INTP: A new project to distract them from self-destructive thoughts.

ESTJ: For someone to ask them what they can do to help. They probably know the answer.

ENFJ: A huge hug and a sincere reminder of why you love them and all that you've learned from them.

ISFJ: To have little favours done for them, as a reminder that they are allowed to relax.

ENTP: A stimulating conversation that helps them generate new theories or ideas.

ISFP: Patience with their mood (they need to work themselves through it) and perhaps a fun physical distraction.

ESTP: To do something rambunctious and physical with friends that will re-energise them to power through whatever situation is troubling them.

INTJ: A good book and the day to themselves to re-charge.

INFJ: A good long laugh with a friend they can be silly with and possibly some time outdoors/in nature.
Yea, but when I'm outside trying to chill, don't flipping talk to me, at all. Let me enjoy the atmosphere of the outdoors - physical and underlying atmosphere.

INFP: To be listened to with patience and to have their feelings validated.

4. Did You Know...
"Did you know you can't type a person until they are 25?"

     Hmmm...so can I become an INTJ? Types that INFJs most want to be: ENFJ, INTJ. I want to be an INTJ, please, and give no shits.

No comments:

Post a Comment